Most of my early cooking was done off of a hot plate in the years when I first left home and lived in places without kitchens. I never really learned many things that required an oven. This easy dish is one of the few casseroles I’ve made thanks to an old recipe at UrbanVegan.net
It is quick, healthy, tasty and fairly inexpensive. Very little clean up. I liked the Thai Curry Cashew sauce so much I’m going to use it on other things
Per serving: Calories 285, Protein 10.4g Sodium 482.2 mg
- 1 head broccoli, chopped into 1 inch pieces, or one 1 lb bag of frozen broccoli
- 1 15 oz can whole tomatoes
- 1 16 oz can chick peas
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup plus 1 T cashew butter
- 1/2 cup rice milk [soy milk would also work]
- 1-2 tsp red curry paste
- 2 T fresh basil, chopped very fine
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 8 oz. mushrooms, thinly sliced;
- 1 red or yellow pepper,
- thinly sliced;
- 1 yellow squash, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cashew butter, rice milk and basil.
- Add the curry paste, 1/2 teaspoon at a time, until the sauce is as hot as you like.
- Be sure to whisk well so no clumps remain.
- Toss all the other ingredients in a large casserole.
- Use a spatula to roughly break up the tomatoes, then pour on the cashew sauce.
- Stir well until all ingredients are combined and well coated.
- Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake another 15-20 minutes, or until sauce has thickened.
- None Found