10. If you wouldn’t eat your cat, you shouldn’t eat a turkey.
9. Factory farms deny turkeys everything natural to them.
8. Turkey consumption may kill you.
7. You may stave off bird flue apocalypse.
6. Don’t support their crack habit.
5. There are healthy, humane alternatives.
4. Eating birds supports cruelty to animals.
3. Turkey consumption is bad for the environment.
2. Which contributes to human starvation
And the number one reason to give the birds a break:
Factory-farmed turkeys have nothing to be thankful for.
“On factory farms, turkeys live for months in sheds where they are packed so tightly that flapping a wing or stretching a leg is nearly impossible. They stand mired in waste, and urine and ammonia fumes burn their eyes and lungs. To keep the birds from killing one another in such crowded conditions, parts of the turkeys’ toes and beaks are cut off, as are the males’ snoods (the flap of skin under the chin). All this is done without any pain relievers. ”